The Barlow family (all 15 of us) loaded up and headed to Brandon Missouri this week. We left Monday night and stayed in Omaha. Here was our agenda:
Tuesday: Left Omaha and headed to Branson. The kids did well in the car thanks to the DVD system I bought. That was a life savor and something I'll definitely use often! We stayed in a beautiful, huge cabin in Stonebrook which is outside of Branson. Every family had there own room and bathroom which was well needed. We got settled in then headed to the Dixie Stampede dinner theatre. It was amazing! They served us dinner that you had to use your hands to eat while they preformed a show. It included horses, dancing, singing, and buffalo. The kids and us big kids loved it. It is definitely a must see if you are ever in Branson.
Wednesday: We woke up and headed into Branson to go go-carting, see the Hollywood Wax Museum, and House of Mirrors. At the Wax Museum, Sydney wanted me to take a picture with every wax person as she copied them. :) I think Heath liked the go-carts, they even had water go-carts which Heath got soaked by his nephew, Dylan. In the evening we headed to The Price is Right LIVE show. It was super fun and Heath even got called to "Come On Down". He really didn't want to go but he enjoyed it. He didn't make it on stage but got a free t-shirt out of the deal. :)
Thursday: It was 103 degrees outside but we went to the amusement park in Silver Dollar City all day. It was so hot but we all stayed well hydrated. Sydney went on her first ride! Since she is only 32 inches tall there wasn't too many rides that she could go on but she sure enjoyed the ones she did. She even went to a balloon stand and threw her own darts to win a prize. She busted 3 balloons all by herself. Her daddy was awfully proud! Sydney even git a horse tattoo on her arm that she was sure happy about. In the evening the family cooked supper at the cabin then went to Shanghai Circus. The kids were sure tired by then but most of them made it threw the show. I've never seen live acrobats before but let me tell you...they are really neat and flexible.
Friday: Heath and I loaded the kids up and headed back to Nebraska. The rest of the Barlow family stayed behind for a couple hours to go back into Branson for awhile. We ate breakfast at IHop. Heath kept on mentioning that our kids were acting like wild Indians but they were just excited to be out of the pickup for awhile. I wonder where they get the "wild Indian" from? There father? I think so. ;) We made it back to our home about 9pm. I unpacked our bags and started some laundry. Then we all went out and jumped in the pool for awhile. For those of you that didn't know, Heath got a really good end of year deal on a pool so he bought it and set it up right before we left to go on vacation.
All and all the vacation was fabulous! Sorry I don't have any pictures of the shows, they wouldn't let us take any pictures inside the theaters. I would love to go back to Branson because there was so much to do and see but not enough time to do it. We had a great time with the family even though it was so hot. Can't wait till the next Barlow Adventure!

















No comments:
Post a Comment