My family

My family

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Thanksgiving and Christmas

What a great long weekend!!  Thursday we went to the Barlow Thanksgiving at Grandma and Grandpa Barlow's house. The kids played and we ate some turkey...can't beat it! We took some family pictures which is good because the kids change so much in a years time that its good to get updated pictures. :)
Then the kids and I loaded up in the pickup and headed to Fremont.  My mother graciously watched the kids while my sister and I went out all night Black Friday Shopping.  It wasn't bad at all...except for the Victoria Secret incident.  That was a nightmare!!  So many people wanted in that store that it was craziness.  But the good thing is that I got some really good deals and I am done Christmas shopping!!  YIPPY!
Friday, Heath joined us for the Aspy Thanksgiving/Christmas. It just seems that everyone has so much going on that it is impossible to get together to celebrate every holiday so we had to celebrate both of them together.  My mom watched my neice, Jayden, for awhile as my brother did chores.  Sydney loved having her there.  Sydney kept on telling me that she was the babysitter.  :) She would lay by Jayden and talk to her, sing to her, give Jayden her blanket.  Such a good little girl! Christmas was great to everyone this year!!  The kids got spoiled of course and I have to say....so did I.  I received some clothes, a coat, and a new camera!!  My old camera broke a while ago so I was super happy about getting another one. Heath received some much needed clothes and the kids got a John Deere Gator. Not a real one of course but a little one that I am sure will get some major use! :)
Saturday, Heath had roping in Lincoln so th kids and I stopped there to watch him for awhile before heading home.  It was a packed full weekend!! Iam glad to be home but I am wore out!
Oh and I forgot to mention that Trace had the flu bug the whole entire weekend as well...man I hope that no one else gets it! Yuck!!  I am sure about one thing...I need a nap!
Sydney and Jayden

Grandpa giving Trace pop!  Of course he loved it!

Sydney was so happy to get a new piggy bank! Now she can fit even more of daddy's money in it. :)

Trace and Sydney opening gifts...Trace wasn't all that interested in opening gifts so Sydney was more then happy to open his gifts.

My sister's family

My family

My brother's family

Sydney, patiently waiting for a gift of her own

Sydney and Daddy wacthing the roping

Since Daddy was using Sydney's horse, it was only right that she got to help warm him up.

No comments:

Post a Comment