Friday, the kids and I went to Norfolk to meet up with my mom. We are so fortunate to be able to meet up with my mom so that she can see the kids often. Family has always meant so much to me but after Friday's tragedy it means even more. I am just heartbroken for the families, friends, community, survivors, and first responders of Sandy Hook Elementary in Connecticut. I held my children a little longer and a little tighter this weekend. It puts things into perspective and reminds me not to take one moment for granted. All weekend I have been trying to think of a way that I can help these people with their heartache. But what help can I give them besides prayer? I pray for those children that won't be able to grow, I pray for the parents who won't be able to see their children graduate or get married, I pray for the community of Newtown, and I pray that we all can eventually find some peace and understanding in all of this. I selfishly pray for protection and peace for my own children, so that they won't EVER be exposed to this kind of evil.
So now I will get off of my emotional rollercoaster and tell you about the rest of the weekend. Saturday the kids and I stayed home and snuggled on the couch. I think we watched every cartoon ever made!
On Sunday we cleaned, and then the Sydney got to go with her Daddy to look at some cows while I finished up working on some Christmas presents. Trace was asleep so he didn't get to go with Sydney and Daddy but I did get some things accomplished so that helps. I am hoping that I can convince Heath to take the kids sometime this week again so I can finish up the Christmas stuff all together. :) We will see if I can talk him into this. It might be asking a little much from him since he has to take care of the kiddos tonight while I am at a Christmas Party with my work gals. This should be entertaining. Sunday night we went took the kids to Pizza Hut then headed over to Creighton to see Santa Land! It was very beautiful to see the park all lit up with Christmas lights. We went into Santa’s Workshop to see all the elves working. Sydney stood and stared at all the elves; she was amazed that the train carried the wrapped presents to Santa’s sleigh. She even sat on Santa’s lap and told him what she wanted a play kitchen for Christmas. Well, all I can say is that this girl is consistent. Santa told her she had to be good and he would see what he could do for her. So all the way home she informed us that she was on the Nice List. In fact all of us were on the Nice List except Daddy…he was on the Naughty List. LOL!
No comments:
Post a Comment