My family

My family

Sunday, September 1, 2013

Labor Day Weekend

For the long weekend the kids and I went to Fremont while Heath was on the rodeo trail. My mom had cucumbers so I wanted to go and make more pickles. I think I have canned over 25 jars of pickles. It sounds like a lot but we are going through them like crazy. I even canned some for my sister in laws and there families. Its so nice that all my nieces and nephews love my pickles. I'm thinking about starting a pickle business. ;) 
Trace and Grandpa Aspy got quite a bit of bonding time in the Gator this weekend. Every time someone opened the shed door Trace was out the door wanting a Gator ride. Sydney learned to love Grandma Aspy's cinnamon pickles. She made sure that we had a jar in the Tahoe when we were ready to leave. 
Our garden is doing very well and I'm already planning on having a bigger garden next year. I think since Heath is liking all the being its of this years garden it won't be hard to convince him of this next year. Last weekend we made salsa with the help of Grandma Hoffman. It is actually fun doing all this canning and not have to buy the veggies to do it. 
I think tomorrow I'm going to pick watermelon from the garden. The kids love watermelon and it will go well with my refrigerator full of fruit that we got this weekend at SAMs Club. My kids are major fruit and veggie eaters. I'm sure the fruit supply in the fridge won't last long. 
Sydney starts preschool on Wednesday. I can't believe it is here already but the pantry is full of snacks for her to take to school. She reminds everyone that opens the pantry door that those snacks are for her on school days. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment