Well this entire winter I have been complaining that our friends to the south of us have gotten all the moisture. I just wished for a blizzard or some type of moisture here....I think next time I will be more specific.
Monday night we received 1.67 inches of rain then sleet which resulted in ice. The trees were so full of ice that they hung to the ground or snapped under pressure. The kids and I stayed home on Tuesday and made Chicken Noodle Soup. :) Wednesday I ventured out to work, which took me a hour instead of half an hour, against my husbands best interests. Once I got to work it wasn't that bad and I left a little early to make sure that the kids and I got home safe before the wind and snow picked up. It snowed Wednesday night/Thursday morning which just made things even more slick. And if this wasn't bad enough...Trace decided to brew up an ear infection and be absolutely miserable all night. Wonderful! Thursday morning I woke up from the little sleep that I got to find out that the electricity had gone out. So, I loaded the kids up in the car at 6:00am and we went to O'Neill to get ready for work/daycare. And as of 4:30pm, we are still without power. Ugh.....
So from now on when I am needing a snow fix this is going to be my SPECIFIC request:
- Snow ONLY
- Please only snow on the weekends so I can still go to work during the week. (My vacation time is non-existent!)
- I will not be without electricity, so please don't cut it off again!
- It's hard enough to get my husband to do yard work...so please don't add more to my "Yard Cleanup Plate".
Sincerely,
Your Biggest Snow ONLY Fan - Melissa :)
No comments:
Post a Comment