My family

My family

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Strawberry Jam


So this is a picture of my first attempt at Strawberry Jam. It tastes GREAT but it is a little runny. So...With my next batch I am going to hopefully make it a little thicker. I picked 3/4 an ice cream bucket of strawberries yesterday so I made jam in the jars as well as frozen strawberry jam. The frozen stuff is purposely left runnier so that it makes for good ice cream topping. I made angel food cake this morning and Heath LOVED the strawberry shortcake dessert I made so I don't foresee that staying around long. :) I have all these ideas for strawberries now so I am hoping that I get quite a few strawberries out of my patch before the end of the season.

I wonder what other kind of berries I could plant?? Hummm...I might be on to something here. :)Yes this would be my daughter again...She is very photogenic lately but I cant get her to just smile. She has to squint her eyes as well! :) She was very helpful making the jam last night...as long as she wasn't eating the strawberries that I cut up for jam. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment