My family

My family

Friday, August 26, 2011

Contractions. NO Mom, I am not in labor...yet! :)

Well Tuesday evening it was nice outside and the yard needed mowed so I thought..why not? MISTAKE! I got done mowing around 8:30pm and I started having contractions around 9:30. It was freaking me out!! I barely slept that night because the contractions wouldn't stop. I even got up once and packed my bag and grabbed all the baby stuff, put it all together in a location easy enough for Heath to grab. :)
Wednesday, I was still having contractions and I decided to tell my doctor about it. He wasn't to thrilled when I told him that I mowed the night before. :) So I had to have a non-stress test done and I was astonished by watching the monitor go up and down with every contraction I had. (I had all back labor with Sydney so my contractions didn't show up on the monitor) The doctor told me to just take it easy, drink plenty of fluids, and get rest. That night Heath came home early to make supper and keep Sydney entertained so I could go to bed. But by 9:30 that night the contractions were gone and haven't been back since (knock on wood!).
My mom would FREAK out if I had the kid this weekend. Her, my dad, and nephew are in Indiana right now. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment