My family

My family

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Poor Heath

It's been forever since I blogged....Lots of stuff going on it seems. Todd, my brother, gets married next weekend! I can't believe that it is already here! I will post pictures...Heath, Sydney, and I are in the wedding and should be a great time! This week we have Holt County Fair and I am sure that I will be TIRED after this week is over! Lots of stuff to do this coming week.

Why poor Heath you ask? Well he has had a rough month. I made him go with me to my doctors appointment on July 13th, little did he know that I had other plans for him while we were there. :) I had the nurse draw some blood from his arm so he could get blood pressure pills. Heath HATES needles, can't stand them near him! They stuck him once and missed the vein because he has bad rolling veins. The nurse talked him into letting her try it again and she didn't miss that time. :)
Exactly a week later I was at home and Heath came in the house, sat down in the chair, and asked for me to bring him a band aid. As I am walking towards him with a band aid in hand I see that his finger is wrapped in a blood soaked paper towel. First thing I said to him was, I think you need more then just a band aid. He sliced his middle finger on the sickle blades of the mower, It was deep. So I told him that it looks like he needs stitches and surprisingly he didn't argue with me. We headed to O'Neill to get him stitched up...and again more needles. I thought he was going to hit the doctor when they started to inject the numbing stuff into his finger with a needle. He did say a LOT of choice words though, and they weren't kid friendly. :) After they stitched him up they gave him a tetanus shot that he tried getting out of but was unsuccessful. So he babied his finger for a week...complaining about how it hurt all the time and how he just couldn't do certain things because his finger was injured. I think he enjoyed having a bum finger and getting out of doing things. MEN! :)
And now, he is dealing with a SEVERE ear infection. He went to the doctor on Thursday to get it looked at because he has been dealing with it for 3-4 days by then and he wasn't sleeping because of the pain. They gave him antibiotic drops and cleansing drops to help clean out his ear, which is FULL of wax and stuff because of the infection but also because his ears aren't draining. The drops aren't helping him much and still nothing is coming out of his ear and we have tried everything!! We are squirting warm water into his ear, ear drops, peroxide, etc. He is still in pain and it isn't a very "happy" home right now because Daddy is not in a good mood, but then again if I had his issue I wouldn't be in a very good mood either. So last night he was talking to our friend Kenis and he suggested to "Candle" Heath's ear. Why didn't I think of that?!?! I got it done a long time ago and it does help get the wax out of your ear. So, I made Heath an appointment this morning to get his ears "Candled". He was hesitant at first but then agreed to do it. He walked into the beauty shop and had them cut his hair and candle his ears. They ended up only doing the one bad ear because they used one candle on him and it pulled out a BUNCH of stuff from his ear so they decided to do it again on the same ear. The lady that "Candled" his ear said that she has NEVER seen that much stuff come out of one ear before...Heath said it was pretty gross. :) Heath called me after he was done and said that his ear feels a LOT better but I needed to buy him some of those candles because he can still feel stuff in his ear, which I am sure there is because Heath's ears produce a lot of wax on a good day! He said that he can feel the wax moving around now in his ear which is good because before it was so packed and so hard in his ear that it wasn't moving at all!! So tomorrow we are going to "Candle" his ear again. I just hope that this helps and he starts to feeling better because he hasn't gotten much sleep plus not feeling good doesn't make for a happy man! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment