The Holt County Fair is always a great time for our family. The rodeo, the animals, the bouncy rides, everything! This year Heath and Jeremy were the first ones out for team roping on Friday night. I don't think anyone knows what happened but Jeremy roped the head and turned the steer so Heath could rope the feet and Heath's horse went down in mid stride which means Heath went over his head and ended on the ground. It looked like the arena was super soft and he found a whole and fell in it but I'm no expert. All I know is that it looked ugly but Heath got up and so did the horse, thank God! Prince, our heeling horse, is a little sore but tomorrow will tell more how the horse feels.
So after the roping we all walked back to the trailer to unsaddle Prince. Sydney was holding on to the horse while Heath unsaddled and the horse stepped into the tie down and freaked! This means that his head was stuck down next to his front leg and he didn't like it, most horses don't! I had Trace in my arms and had to run away from the horse and thank God Sydney knew to let go and run to the trailer for cover. Heath was right there to get him under control and everyone was ok but it was so scary. I'm still shaking from this ordeal. I had no idea where Sydney was when this was happening but there was nothing I could do but get out of the way of the horse. All I can say is what a night that I DON'T want to repeat. Ever!
They are so darn cute together and have a way if melting my heart. They were patiently waiting for Daddy to get done talking to a fellow cowboy.





No comments:
Post a Comment