I decided that I didn't have enough to do this summer. I mean there is the mowing, chicken chores, flower maintenance, kids playing outside, full time job, and lets just throw a garden in there too. :)
The kids and I bought the plants/seeds we wanted to plant. Which I have to say that Sydney did most of the picking. She knows her vegetables and loves eating them. We have tomatoes, green peppers, beets, cucumbers, cantaloupe, watermelon, and pumpkins.
Heath tilled up an area and hopefully VERY soon he will be putting up a fence so the rabbits stay away. We have a major rabbit problem here, darn things!
Here are our hills of veggies and fruits! I think Heath is thinking I'm crazy for wanting a garden but groceries are expensive as we all know especially fresh produce. We planted everyone's favorite things. Trace and Sydney will eat a whole cucumber in one setting. Heath can't believe that they eat the cucumber plain. :) Trace and Heath love tomatoes, and everyone except Heath love beets.
I'm sure no one can imagine who picked out the purple tomato stands..... I hope this new garden adventure produces for us. If anyone has any pointers please leave a comment!! All are welcome.



No comments:
Post a Comment