My family

My family

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

The Culprit






This is the culprit...Chicken Killer!!!  Better known as Charlie, our dog.  Yep...Charlie worked her way into the Chicken Coop by prying the screen door open and killed all 30 of our 4 week old chickens on Saturday. AWESOME!!  Thank you Charlie.
To say the least I was NOT happy about this and if I had my way Charlie would have 30 dead little chickens hanging from her neck until they rotted. This is what my dad did back in the day when we had a chicken killer dog at the farm.  Come to think of it, I don't think that trick worked on that dog either so maybe it would have been a lost cause but it's the point that Charlie needs to know that she did something wrong. And maybe that would be a little disturbing to the kids.
Good ole Heath to the rescue though, Charlie didn't know any better.  Riiiiiight.....sigh.  So now we are chickenless and I haven't come up with a good story to tell Sydney yet, she still thinks that we have chickens.  I will think of something, I have to, because next week against my better judgment we will be getting 25 new baby chicks delivered in the mail.  I told Heath that since she killed them once she will kill them again.  He seems to think that if we get a better screen door on the chicken coop, keep the chickens penned up until they are full grown then he doesn't think that she will bother them. Plus the kids really like the chickens and we can't give up because we had a bad first experience. So the new chickens will be here next week.
I secretly hope that we end up with one really protective rooster, one that will leave the kids alone but beat the crap out of Charlie. Does this sound mean and bitter? Maybe just a little. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment