My family

My family

Monday, May 6, 2013

Ugh...Boys

I know that raising boys is a lot different then raising girls but my Lord talk about night and day. That boy is so rough and gruff. I swear people are going to take one look at him tomorrow and think I beat him. He now has a fat lip to go along with the bruise on his forehead, scratch on his chest, and a small red spot on the top of his head. Let me explain all of these...the fat lip is from Sydney pushing the trampoline out from under him tonight, the bruise on his forehead is when he fell down the front steps outside of our house because he thought he was a little monkey and could play on the metal handrail. The scratch on his chest is from trying to crawl into a wooden toy box that was way to small for him to fit into anyway and I have no idea what the red spot is from, he got that one at daycare. :) But seriously, does he ever get tired of hurting himself? You would think he would remember that the last time he tried doing something, it hurt...but no he's going to try it a second time.
Trace also has a little temper....imagine that! (Just so we are clear, the temper thing was inherited from his dad) If he can't get something to do what he wants it to do, then he usually yells at it and then gives it a good throw. And if I catch him doing it I usually tell him "no" which makes the situation worse. He then goes and finds that thing he just threw, picks it up, yells at it again, then throws it. Afterwards he turns at me with his "I'm mad" face. I don't laugh at him, even though I'm cracking up on the inside, I just pick up the toy and tell him not to be naughty. Which sometimes works or he'll really act out which results in another form of punishment.
The best example of Trace being not only a boy but pure country boy is he is NOT afraid. If I would let him he would run right up to our horses. Tonight Heath was working with a young unbroke horse in the corral while the kids and I watched him. I caught Trace on his hands and knees trying to crawl under the fence to "help" his dad with the horse. This is so scary to me!! I'm going to have to make sure that he is always in my radar when we are outside. He may look a little chubby but that kid can quickly disappear in a split second.
Tonight I went outside to shut the water hose off and Sydney must have opened the door to look to see what I was doing because there was a little streaker running across the yard. The only thing he had on was a diaper and he was running to get to the garage to get his toys. Man, was he PO'ed that I took him into the house to the bath tub. :)
So in conclusion, mommy's little momma's boy is turning into one dirt filled, aggressive, young boy. ....sigh.... It's kind of sad for me. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment