My family

My family

Friday, July 5, 2013

Happy 4th of July

What a busy 4th of July!!! Right away at 8:00am I ran the Chambers Challenge Run in Chambers. I didn't finish 1st but I got a medal for my age group. I must have been the only one in my age group. :) Then we went to watch the Chambers Parade in Grandma Harley's front yard. 

The kids with Uncle Randy

The whole crew... Kids, Heath, Grandpa Hoffman, Grandma Hoffman, Grandma Harley, and Uncle Randy


Picking up candy from the parade


After the parade, the kids and I loaded up and headed to Fremont while Heath went west to 4 different rodeos. Once we got to Grandma and Grandpa Aspy's house the kids "watered" the flowers with squirt bottles and played outside. Later on Jennifer and the boys came out for some fireworks. 

Just watering the flowers

Trace and Uncle Todd's 3 wheeler. Believe it or not this was Todd's when he was about Trace's age!! It's only 27 years old. :)

Sydney and her trike

I think this will be another year or two before he can fit on this one. 

I wanted to make some kind of 4th of July dessert so I found this fun recipe on the Internet. My mom had her doubts when I started putting food coloring in the cake mix but let me tell you, it turned out wonderful!! Here is a few pictures of my 4th of July cupcakes!!!
Pretty layers!!

The sprinkle expert doing her job well.

The finished product, a picture perfect flag. And they were a hit!! Delicious!!











No comments:

Post a Comment