My family

My family

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Where Did the Allergies Come From?

I never had allergies as a kid.  When I moved to this area I developed allergies to cattle, horses, and cockleburs. Ok...that doesn't make sense since I was raised around cattle and cockleburs but I guess.  Now this year, allergies are in FULL force! I take Allegra everyday now. I mowed the lawn last night and I am paying for it today. Ugh! Bring on the snow and freeze everything to make these allergies calm down.
Poor Trace is the same way, he takes allergy medicine daily and we don't miss a dose or else he will develop sinus infection almost immediately. 

The garden is doing very well.  Watermelons and pumpkins are starting to develop on the vine.  Trace wants to pick the watermelons because they are the size of a baseball and he thinks they are balls to play with. I don't think he understood last night when I kept on telling him to stop trying to pull the watermelon off the vine, he just kept on saying "ball" and trying to get them.  Darn kid! We are still getting plenty of cucumbers.  I was hoping to can some pickles but I can't get enough cucumbers because Sydney and Trace eat them right up. I think I am going to start harvesting the green peppers today or tomorrow. They are good size and perfect for cutting and freezing. Everyday Heath asks about HIS tomatoes...like he has some claim on them. :) We have a LOT of tomatoes on the plant but they are all still green. I am hoping this week with cooler temperatures they will turn red. According to what I have read on the internet, tomatoes don't like temperatures above 85 degrees. I am hoping to have quite a few tomoatoes to take to my parents house in a week or two.

The kids and I will make a trip to Fremont once I get my box of beets that I ordered from the local produce guy, Tim Lambert. I was pretty mad that the rabbits ate all of the beets I planted this year because the kids and I love canned beets. I didn't want to go a whole year without beets and the canned beets from the grocery store just aren't the same.  I am hoping for a couple of boxes of beets actually because this stuff is like gold with the Aspy's.  I know my brother will be there swiping a few jars for himself. 

Heath is doing well with rodeo this year. Knock on wood!  He is sitting 8th with the Mid-States Rodeo Association (Nebraska, Iowa, South Dakota, Kansas, and Minnesota) which is GREAT!!  His goal is to make it to the Mid-States Rodeo Finals in Lincoln at the end of September. I hope that he keeps this up and makes it to the finals. That would be so much fun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment