My family

My family

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Flooding, Flooding, and More Flooding!

Well this week will go down in history around this area...We have had MAJOR flooding around the area. The Elkhorn River has reached an all-time high record crest of 13.1 feet!!! It is really bad around here!!! People on Sunday were helping each other out by moving livestock and then moving things out of houses because the water was rising at a fast pace! I was stuck at home on Monday because all the highways going into O'Neill from Chambers and Ewing were closed. They finally opened up Highway 11 for me to get to O'Neill but it is about 40 miles out of my way! So needless to say I have to get up a little early in the morning. :) Here are some pictures of the flooded areas. These pictures do show a lot of flooding but the sad thing is that this is going on in many towns around our area! Yesterday the started to evacuate the south part of Norfolk and are putting sandbags out. I just hope it doesn't rain this week like they say it is suppose to. WE DON'T NEED ANYMORE RAIN!!!











By the way the garage sale went well. Since the flooding started on Saturday we didn't have the people that we wanted too but at least I got rid of stuff!!! I made my goal for the garage sale so I was happy! Funny story...Heath stayed home with Sydney on Saturday so I could be at the garage sale. I called a couple of times and everything seemed to be fine. Heath said that he took her on the 4 wheeler so they could check cows and she LOVED it!! He said that she sure knows where the throttle is on the 4 wheeler cause she wanted to push it and would get mad if daddy touched it. :) They watched some TV, ate Vanilla Wafers and Jerky, played ball and took a pickup ride. Heath said that he wasn't for sure where they went cause Sydney was the driver. Oh..... But around lunch time Heath had to make a fast run over to his Grandma Hoffman's cause Sydney went #2 and he doesn't' do diapers. He said he about threw up on the way over to his Grandma's! HAHAHA!!! Oh Heath! Grandma Hoffman was so happy that Heath and Sydney showed up and ate lunch with them that she didn't mind changing the diaper. :)
AND.....Sydney got her 3rd tooth!!! One of her top teeth came in and I can't wait for the rest of them to come in cause she is one CRABBY girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment