My family

My family

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

A Meat and Potatoes Kind of Girl


So yesterday after work I decided I was going to finish cleaning up all the leaves in our backyard. WHAT A JOB!!! I guess I shouldn't complain...it was a good work out but I swear I made 50 trips with that stupid wheelbarrow. And it is a good thing that Heath wasn't home because spring is officially here and the snakes are out! Yep....I raked over one snake and about touched another one while I was picking up the leaves to put in the wheelbarrow. Granted these are just little gardener snakes...but I don't care, they still make me jump every time I see one no matter how big it is.


So as I was raking the leaves and hauling them away...Sydney was in her Pack n Play. She LOVED it!! I gave her a bottle, toys, and a blanket and she just played and played and played. She loves being outside! It was a beautiful day of 80 degrees. She would be talking and making all sorts of noise while I was working. At least I know that I can go outside to do some work and she will be ok. After I was done cleaning up the yard, Sydney and I hung out on the deck for a little while.

So Monday Heath and I had steak for supper. I tore the steak in little pieces for Sydney to eat,
along with peas and cheesy hash browns. She gobbled them right up!!! Ashley Clouse
(a friend of mine) told me that I can feed Sydney anything smaller than a dime...so that is what I did. She just kept eating and eating...apparently she loves meat and potatoes! :) Last night I made Porcupine balls and had left over cheesy hash browns. Again Sydney was a bottomless pit. I just put some food on her highchair tray and she picks it up with her fingers and eats it. Oh she is getting so big! Bye, bye baby food! :)

On Saturday O'Neill is having an Easter Egg hunt...we plan on attending because they have a 0-3 year old category!! It will be so cute to see what Sydney will do with all those other kids around!! After the Easter Egg hunt we are going back to Mandi's (Sydney's Aunt/Daycare Provider) house to color Easter Eggs with all the Barlow cousins!! The weather channel says it should be 62 degrees and partly sunny...perfect weather to go Easter Egg Hunting!

No comments:

Post a Comment